Thursday, April 21, 2011

Huzzah!

Jane (and her friend) arrived in Galway this afternoon! It's so bizarre having our worlds collide like this - but it's more fun than bizarre. Especially since all of my housemates have been gone and I've been alone in the apartment since Tuesday morning, doing pretty much nothing other than clean and work on my final paper for my castles (archaeology) class. I picked them up from the bus station and brought them to the campus so we could have lunch and so I could finish the paper and turn it in... and guess what guess what guess what?! I did finish it. So I am now officially all done with my semester at NUIG. (I just won't find out how I did in any of my courses until July at the earliest, and September at the latest. Oh well). We celebrated with a Guinness each at a trad bar and then out to dinner and then strawberry gelato for dessert. (Om nom nom.)

It hasn't quite hit me yet that I'm all done; that summer has actually begun and I'm now technically on vacation here in Europe. I guess my next major task will be packing everything up, and trying to spend as much time doing the things around Galway that I didn't make time to do earlier in the semester. It feels so nice to be free.

On a somewhat unrelated note - we had a high of 70 here in Galway today and it was absolutely gorgeous. Today has been a good day. A good day, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment